Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back to the Island we Go........

Well, of course we were all sad to be leaving for the island again, but I was ready and I think the boys were to.  We did have a little bit of help from the weather - a bitter cold spell and a good bit of snow in Denver the few days before we would leave on the 1st of January.


Dillon shoveling Boompa's driveway - I asked him if the shoveling was keeping him warm - he responded nope, I said well you can come in whenever you want to - he said nope I gotta work hard, I need to make some money. HAHA - I think it was at least 0 degrees farenheit.

It was bitter cold that evening but Dillon worked on the driveway until Boompa came home and they finished it together


In the morning none of us wanted to venture out into the cold - although I did slip out to get a few shots with my new lens adaptors


I am excited about my new christmas gifts and plan on experimenting with lots of photos on the island


Ronan chose to stay in his pj's all day and keep warm by the wood stove.  We were all ready for some warm island weather.  We headed to the airport on Jan. 1st 2011 at 6 am with a balmy -4 degrees on the thermometer (without the windchill) - we were DONE.  Thank you to Gammy and Boompa for all their hospitality while we were in Denver - it was very much appreciated.  We all miss you very much and hope to see you in April on the Island.  Oma and Papa - thank you for all your hospitality in New Mexico and we will see you in February in Florida, until then we miss you lots.  To all of our friends and family it was great to see you and spend time with you - I am sure time will fly and we will see you again soon.  Keep warm and we will post some warm island pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment