Monday, November 22, 2010

Point Lobos

Point Lobos is a state park in California just at the begining of the Big Sur.  I was fortunate enough to spend many hours wandering and exploring this area when I was little.  It is really special to go back with my kids - finding the otters and seals in the water and watching the big waves crashing on the rocks.  The day we went was really foggy and cool - it made the fascinating landscape somewhat eery.



You can spend hours taking pictures here




The swirling water reminds me of watching our tropical storms form on storm pulse


Sophia and Papa


These little "palm trees" completely fascinate me - they get slammed by wave after wave and they always pop back up.  So resilient


Amazing rock formations


Solo time


My boys





The big sur under fog


The years and years of pounding waves and salt water has created the most beautiful formations


The great action shot Dillon got of the blow hole they spotted


The weather and the landscape that day reminded me of a Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings movie - spooky


Sadly we were only able to spend a couple of hours with Oma, Papa, Anna and Sophia at Point Lobos before the boys and I had to head to the airport.  We will be back again sometime, that is a definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment