Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Unexpected Gift

Sometimes the best things happen with the least amount of planning.  MY plan was to drive to Denver and drop Dillon and Ronan off at Grammy and Boompa's house so they could spend some time with them while Carith and I went to Carlsbad and did some work at my parents house. BUT, there seemed to be some really nice weather coming and Rochelle begged me to stay a couple of days  - "we just have to go bouldering outside on Friday - it will be in the 60's and NO wind" - ok fine - how can I say no.  I was up for it, Carith was up for it.  I also gave Hannah, an awesome friend who just spent the last few months in Argentina traveling a heads up for friday.  Unfortunately she had to work - oh well - we will definitely meet up soon.  Dillon's coach had to work but would try to meet up with us in the afternoon. As it got closer to Friday we realized that the afternoon was supposed to get windy but the temps still seemed good AND Hannah got out of work.  Dillon also opted out of the climbing day - he would rather spend time with Grammy while he had the chance and there was going to be an up hill hike to the boulders.  SO, a day that was going to be spent working in Carlsbad became a girls day climbing at the Satellite boulders - YIPEEEEE.........


Warming up



So, when we got to the boulders Hannah kinda realized she had a predicament - she already had 2 holes in the behind area of her jeans - so whaddaya do?  Tape them up of course - well once she was on the wall we realized the perfect opportunity we had..........Hannah was all smiles from top to bottom.....hehe - she is going to kill me for this.  It was a great start to the day - I think all 4 of us laughed the entire day.

I was doing laps on the warm up just to get my body used to being on the rock again


Put her on a roof and she is happy


Like the old days


So good to catch up with friends and all their adventures


Lets face it - bouldering - its a social thing


Nice photo Carith




Sweet Hannita


Our little fury friend of the day - "SQUIRREL"


Nice top out Hannah


Really - I love these shoes, I do, I do


HaHa - loved this crimpy piece of SH*%#T (ooops sorry)


Where do my feet go????


She is so peaceful on the rock


It would have been nice to have some calouses for this one





See - there are feet - don't you see them??


Love this


Cold, sore climbing hands





Making our way down


Awesome day - you can see the flatirons in the background


Rest time


I have no idea how we were still laughing when we got to the parking lot.  Girls - thank you so much for one of the best days in years - I do not remember the last time I had so many tears running down my face from laughter - my cheeks (facial ones) and abs hurt so much.  Carith thank you for taking all the photos so we could remember this day - for a long while to come.  There were so many (714) to choose from - I hope you enjoy the small selection I managed to pick.  Love you guys oops gals hehe



No comments:

Post a Comment