Monday, December 13, 2010

Apocalypse - maybe?

Well, last week I spent some time with Carith (my sister) and Nicole (my brother Carlos' girlfriend) in Carlsbad cleaning out my parents storage units.  We had a very unfortunate experience at the dump at the begining and it ocurred to Nicole it was much like an Apocalypse - possibly the end of the world.  If you have ever spent time in the southwest in extremely windy conditions you would have some idea of what we experienced. When we arrived at the dump all we saw was a wall of dust - not a good thing - Nicole with no immune system, Carith with crazy allergies and I was already on antibiotics for a sinus infection - this will just be dandy. Nothing like a wind storm containing all that nasty dump crud.  I am hoping the photos will kinda do justice of some sort -


A few things to note - the nasty puddle of mud and trash, the huge trailer that my truck is pulling in the rearview mirror and the dusty air.  Not only did I have to pull this trailer but I had to back down the hill in the dump because the trailer was so heavy - NOT FUN

Hmmm notice the wall of dust decending upon us as we try to escape the dump


Yes, that is Nicoles worried look and my disgusted look as we try to find the road in the dust storm.  Notice the back window is clear and the driver window - you can see nothing.  I basically just wanted to cry.


Preparing to subject ourselves to the insane wind and nasty smells and dust


Yes - Nicoles face is completely covered


Ok - at least that was the worst of the dump (I failed to mention all the huge machines that I thought were just going to crush us) - the next bit of fun was finding treasures amongst all the boxes.


I told you those machines are super scary - and I kinda remember Nicole threatening to come back with a shotgun if the seagulls pooped on her


What a princess


Multiply it times 4 - maybe the result of 5 children, and ALOT of house projects


And these would be tents we used during my childhood


Yes, that is me modeling my uniform from all girls catholic highschool


And this - a Patagonia catalog from 1995 - the clothing was overwhelmingly hawaiin inside


Remember Fraggle Rock?


That would be Carith's Religion school work and her bottle of "Holy Water"


So much better


AAAHHHH


Yes, we were exhausted, sore and sneezing non stop but it feels so much better to be organized and well we did make sure to have some fun times - even before our deals that we were not allowed to go to bed before 8.  Carith thank you for all the healthy veggie filled meals and Nicole for all the dish doing.  Thanks girls it was fun.  Mom and Dad - ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment